The CCG has identified five major strategic priorities which are summarised below:
Preventing people from dying prematurely
Focusing on cancer and cardiovascular disease.
Enhancing the quality of life for people with LTC
A range of key initiatives will be implemented to enhance the quality of life for people with longterm conditions in Blackburn with Darwen. These initiatives include diabetes, dementia, infant mortality and paediatric pathway redesign.
Helping people to recover from episodes of ill health or following injury
There are a number of transformational initiatives planned to reduce avoidable admissions to hospital, deliver high quality and effective hospital care and improve discharge and post discharge support. These initiatives include The GP Acute Visiting Scheme (AVS) and the Hospital Liason Service Team.
Ensuring people have a positive experience of care
A range of measures have been developed to ensure the people of Blackburn with Darwen have a positive experience of care, which include: The Commissioning for quality strategy and the Quality Performance and Effectiveness committee.
Treating and caring for people in a safe environment and protecting them from avoidable harm
The areas outlined above in Domain 4 also align to this section. In addition, the CCG’s plan outlines further actions to significantly reduce C-Difficilein all providers in the health economy, and deliver zero tolerance to MRSA infection and conduct Post Infection Reviews.
Plan on a page
Our Corporate Objectives for 2016/17:
- Through better commissioning, improve local health outcomes by addressing poor outcomes and inequalities
- To work collaboratively to create safe, high quality health care services
- To maintain financial balance and improve efficiency and productivity
- To deliver a step change in the NHS preventing ill health and supporting people to live healthier lives
- To maintain and improve performance against core standards and statutory requirements
- To commission improved out of hospital care