Download Word document

Useful contacts

National contacts

Asthma UK
0800 121 62 44

Baby LifeCheck

British Nutrition Foundation
020 7557 7930

08451 228 669

Dental Helpline
0845 063 1188

Family Lives
0808 800 2222

Fatherhood Institute

Healthy Start

Meningitis Now
0808 80 10 388

National Breastfeeding Helpline
0300 100 0212

National Childbirth Trust
0300 330 0700

National Domestic Violence Helpline
0808 2000 247

NHS 111
24 hour - for when it is less urgent than 999

NHS LifeCheck

NHS Live Well

NHS Smokefree
0800 022 4 332

Real Baby Milk

0300 123 4567

The Lullaby Trust (FSID)

Call 999 in an emergency

Local contacts

The Royal Blackburn Hospital provides care for major emergencies, and Burnley General Hospital provides care for minor injury only.

What to do if you think your child is SERIOUSLY ILL

If you think your child is seriously ill CALL 999 AND ASK FOR THE AMBULANCE SERVICE or bring them to the Emergency Department at the Royal Blackburn Hospital.

DO NOT take them to Burnley General Hospital or any other service.

What to do if your child has a MINOR ILLNESS

This website is intended to provide advice and support to self-manage minor illnesses. If you require additional support there are a number of options available to you:

What to do if your child has a MINOR INJURY

If your child’s injury is not serious get help from one of the following:

Please contact NHS 111 for further information and advice.

Every effort has been made to keep the information up-to-date and accurate. However, we cannot guarantee that inaccuracies will not occur. We will not be held responsible for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of reliance on such information.