Everyone invited to Blackburn Cathedral on Wednesday 20 September as East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust celebrates its Health Fayre and Annual General Meeting.
The free event starts at 1.30pm and will feature something for everyone, including health checks and advice, information stalls about local health services, charity cake and craft stalls, entertainment, Tai Chi and much more besides.
It’s a chance for everyone to find out more about the wealth of hospital and community services on their doorstep, meet NHS staff from a range of professions, find out about local NHS careers - or get free health check-ups.
The range of stalls and activities from East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust and many other local organisations will include:
- Healthcare stalls: Find out about local services including audiology, dementia, stroke, cancer, diabetes, community nursing and healthy lifestyles.
- Health checks ups:Including blood pressure, BMI, hearing tests and more
- Healthy lifestyles:Advice on changing your lifestyle from re:fresh Blackburn, NHS therapists and try seated Tai Chi
- Charity cake, craft and jewellery stalls in aid of hospital charity, ELHT&me plus Reedy’s jam and preserves
- NHS careers:Find out about local NHS hospital and community nursing career opportunities, including ‘bank’ work
- Blackburn community groups One Voice and Inter Madrassah
- Women and children’s health:Advice from Lancashire Women’s Centre, Blackburn Birth Centre and Child Action North West
- Blackburn College, Carers Association and learn basic lifesaving
- A special celebration of UNICEF Baby Friendly Blackburn
- Meet the STEADY ON! falls prevention team who can ‘Check Your Ferrule, Beryl’ and give lots of practical advice for older people.
The free event takes place in the beautiful Blackburn Cathedral on Wednesday 20 September. The Health Fayre from 1.30pm-3.30pm followed by Annual General Meeting at 3.30pm.
Attendance is free and all are welcome to attend — no need to book a place, simply turn up on the day!