Are you living with diabetes? We can help!
Diabetes is a condition that can affect anybody at any age. If you’ve been diagnosed with diabetes we can show you how to manage your condition to help you live as healthy a life as possible.
How to live well with diabetes
Services are available in Blackburn with Darwen to help patients with all aspects of their diabetes care. The advice you receive will be tailored to your individual circumstances and covers lots of areas such as:
- How different types of foods will affect you and how to choose well;
- What physical symptoms you need to look out for;
- What to do if you feel unwell and how this might affect you;
- What activities are available in your area that you may be interested in;
- What apps may help you manage your diabetes;
- What support services are available to keep your mental health healthy;
- Details of local support groups that may interest you.
Might I have diabetes and not know about it?
If you’re concerned you may have diabetes, speak to your GP practice. The usual symptoms involve:
- Feeling really thirsty, very often for no reason;
- Very frequent passing of urine (i.e. peeing a lot) for no reason;
- Frequently feeling very tired with no energy;
- Unexplained weight loss.
Your Future Health
If you manage your diabetes well, you won’t notice a massive difference to your daily life. You’ll be confident in making adjustments where necessary to your food, lifestyle and medication (if you’ve been prescribed medication). This is where our support services can help.
All you need to do now is to contact your GP surgery and ask for help with managing your diabetes. Your GP practice will know who to refer you to.
For more information about diabetes please contact your GP surgery
or visit the Diabetes UK website at www.diabetes.org.uk