If you have an injury that is minor and non-serious you can get help from the Non-Serious Injuries Service which is available in Darwen Health Centre and Barbara Castle Way Health Centre.
This service is available Monday to Friday from 8.40am to 5.30pm on a walk-in basis. No appointment is needed.
The Non-Serious Injuries Service can treat:
- Minor wounds and lacerations
- Minor head injuries (no loss of consciousness)
- Bites and stings
- Soft tissue injury to the wrist and hand
- Minor injuries below the knee
- Minor burns and scalds
- Some skin infections
The Non-Serious Injuries Service cannot:
- Treat poorly children
- Carry out sutures (stitches)
Information and advice on a range of health conditions can be found on the NHS website.