Director – Healthwatch Blackburn with Darwen
Healthwatch Blackburn with Darwen is the new local champion for Health and Social care. It will improve local provision by gathering people’s views on and experiences of the way Health and Social Care is delivered across Blackburn with Darwen, and will strengthen the collective voice of local people to influence and improve services and decision making structures.
Role: Director of the Board
Commitment: Minimum 2 days per month
Terms of Office: 2 years
This is a voluntary and unpaid post but reasonable expenses will be considered. They may involve occasional evening and weekend work.
Healthwatch Blackburn with Darwen needs a highly skilled and motivated Director of the Board to provide strategic leadership and to champion the organisation.
The successful applicant will have:
• Strategic and leadership skills that can ensure Healthwatch Blackburn with Darwen becomes a sustainable, independent corporate body.
• A passion for inclusion and involvement, and ensuring everyone in Blackburn with Darwen has equal chance to have their voices heard – regardless of ability, impairment or background.
• A deep understanding of how collaboration and co-production can transform the way public services can be run.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• An understanding of governance and the importance of translating strong values into accountable action.
• Be a user of Health and Social Care services in Blackburn with Darwen or/and live in Blackburn with Darwen.
For an informal discussion please contact Andy Griffiths (Chief Executive) on Tel: 01254 504985 or email: email@example.com
Application packs and further details can be obtained by contacting the Healthwatch Project Office on 01254 504985.