A vaccine is what we have been waiting for to help us get back to normal. The booklet below has the answers to some of your questions from our local GPs. We explain why it is so important for us all to get vaccinated, how the appointments work, and we bust some common myths about the vaccine.
Easy Read Information:
If you care for, or know, someone who may find these easy-read resources useful, please do download and share.
- Covid-19 vaccination guide
- What to expect after your vaccination
- Covid-19 vaccination for women
- Covid-19 vaccination consent form for adults
Colleagues across the NHS are doing an incredible job to deliver what it is the largest vaccination programme in our history, and we thank them once again for their efforts.
The public have an important part to play to help them do this:
- please don’t contact the NHS to seek a vaccine, we will contact you;
- when we do contact you, please attend your booked appointments;
- and, please continue to follow all the guidance to control the virus and save lives.
For further information on recruitment, volunteering and the vaccine roll out, please log on to: Healthier Lancashire and South Cumbria
Large scale vaccination centre – Blackburn Cathedral
Blackburn Cathedral is at the heart of Blackburn Town Centre and was the first large-scale vaccination centre to go live in Lancashire and South Cumbria.
The Blackburn Cathedral is fully wheelchair accessible and there are volunteer marshals available to support people with access requirements.
More information on parking and directions on the Healthier Lancashire and South Cumbria website.