Parents and parents-to-be in Lancashire and South Cumbria are being encouraged to sign-up to a new app that is packed full of advice and local information to help them through their pregnancy and beyond.
The wonderful mum and baby app has been developed to provide parents with a single source of trusted NHS information for all their maternity needs at East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust, Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust and Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
This helpful app will support local families with:
- Making choices throughout pregnancy
- Information on booking in local areas
- Providing access to essential, clinically-validated information every step of the way: from planning a pregnancy and being pregnant, to giving birth and looking after a new baby
- Personalised plans for their care during pregnancy, birth and beyond
The app aims to improve women’s experiences of maternity care and ensures that the information they receive is consistent no matter where they choose to give birth across Lancashire and South Cumbria. From the start of pregnancy to early parenthood, this app has been developed with the NHS to navigate your choices for maternity care in England.
Here are just some of the things this amazing app can do:
- set your due date
- explore maternity units near you
- self-refer for care at your chosen maternity unit
- access information for all stages of your maternity journey
- make personalised plans for your care during pregnancy, birth and beyond
- keep track of your appointments and make notes
- access local contacts and information in specific NHS area
- use the content without specifying an NHS area
ORCHA, the Organisation for the Review of Care & Health Applications, has awarded its prestigious kitemark to the Mum & Baby app. When reviewed against 180 different criteria the app achieved 86%, the highest rating of any pregnancy and birth app tested by ORCHA.