Healthier Lancashire and South Cumbria is working in partnership with Healthwatch to speak to local people about digital health.
During July and August we will be touring Lancashire and South Cumbria with Healthwatch’s Chatty Van to talk to people about how technology can be used to improve their health and wellbeing.
The Chatty Van tour follows the launch of Our Digital Future, a digital strategy for Lancashire and South Cumbria which outlines a number of shared principles for developing digital solutions between the partners of Healthier Lancashire and South Cumbria, which includes hospital trusts, NHS organisations and Local Authorities.
Understanding how patients and citizens use technology, devices and apps will allow the health and care organisations to make sure technology will support people to manage their health and wellbeing. The activity will provide information about digital technologies currently available as well as listening to feedback about where digital can improve.
Dr Amanda Thornton, Clinical Lead for Digital Health in Lancashire and South Cumbria, said: “As our digital offer grows, we hope people will find it easier and more convenient to use online services, but not forgetting that technology will never replace the care and compassion that comes from our dedicated workforce. We know digital will not work for everybody. Some people struggle with computers and not everybody has access to the internet. For those who would like to use digital but cannot, our aim will be to find ways to help them get online.”
“We are excited to be touring Lancashire and South Cumbria having just celebrated the 70th birthday of the NHS. This will help get some real insight from local people about how the NHS can use digital technology and innovations in the future.”
David Blacklock Chief Executive of Healthwatch Lancashire said: “We are pleased to be able to support the NHS to hear the views of local people on the use of digital technology in health and care services. Our Chatty Van is becoming a popular sight across Lancashire and South Cumbria.”
The dates of the Chatty Van Tour are:
• Wednesday 18th July – 12.00 – 14.30 – Sainsbury’s car park, Cable Street, Lancaster LA1 1HH
• Wednesday 18th July – 15.00 – 18.00 – Morrisons car park, Hilmore Way, Morecambe, LA4 4EW
• Wednesday 25th July – 12.00 – 14.30 – Morrisons car park, Pendle Street, Nelson, BB9 7UZ
• Wednesday 25th July – 15.00 – 18.00 – Sainsbury’s car park, Moor Lane, Clitheroe, BB7 1BE
• Thursday 26th July – 12.00 – 14.30 – Asda car park, Ingram, Skelmersdale, WN8 6LU
• Thursday 26th July – 15.00 – 18.00 – Tesco car park, Liverpool Road North, Burscough, L40 0SA
• Friday 3rd August – 10.00 – 16.00 – Preston Flag Market, Market Square, Preston, PR12PP
• Saturday 4th August – 10.00 – 16.00 – Morrisons car park, Queen Katherines Avenue, Kendal, LA9 6DU
You can find out more about digital work taking place across Lancashire and South Cumbria and read our digital strategy here – http://www.healthierlsc.co.uk/digitalfuture